Employee Assistance Program
The University of Texas Employee Assistance Program offers free and confidential assessments, short-term counseling, referrals and follow-up services to help employees with personal and/or work-related issues.
The program is a component of the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, and it is open to all UTMB employees, retirees and their eligible dependents.
Counseling and Referral Services
The UTEAP can provide assistance for:
• Anxiety and depression
• Alcohol or substance abuse problems
• Coping with grief and loss
• Dealing with change and major life transitions
• Couples and relationship issues
• Parenting and family concerns
• Child care and elder care issues
• Caring for persons with disabilities
• Anger and stress management
• Legal and financial concerns
• Workplace stress and conflicts
• Other health and wellness issues
Contact the UTEAP
To request assistance or to consult a counselor about referring an employee:
To complete an online request form:
To access the self-directed WorkLife website:
(User name: utmb Password: utmb)
Please be advised that crisis assistance is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year at (844) 872-5986.
Please be assured that all services are kept private and are not a part of your employee file. The UTEAP will not release any information without your written consent, except in certain imminent life-threatening situations or as required by law.