Referral Bonus Guidelines and eligibility:
- If the recipient is on LOA (Leave of Absence), they will receive the referral when they return to work.
- If the hired employee goes on LOA, the time period of eligibility is on hold until he/she returns from leave.
- Eligible applicants cannot have been employed by UTMB Health in the last 12 months.
- The hired employee can call to verify/inquire about the referral name listed on his/her application but is not allowed
to make changes after initial hire date. The hired employee is not however able to verify if payment has been paid out to the
- The recipient of the referral can call about payout inquiries if he/she has not received a payout in the specified time period;
keeping in mind it can take up to three pay periods after completion of time frame for payout disbursement.
To check the status of a referral payout, contact:
For all non-CMC Clinical Enterprise Positions email: HumanResources-HRBBC@utmb.edu
For all CMC Clinical Enterprise Positions call (281) 269-6700
Employee Referral Bonus Program (ERBP)
The Employee Referral Bonus Program (ERBP) was developed to award the recruitment efforts of all paid employees. Any paid employee who successfully refers an applicant for a vacant benefit-eligible clinical
enterprise position (e.g., UTMB Health Hospital & Clinics (including RMCHP clinics), Victory Lakes, TDCJ Hospital and Correctional Managed Care) will receive the below payout:
- $1,500 over 2 years ($250 after 3 months, $250 after 6 months, $500 after 1 year and final $500 after 2 years) for hard-to-fill positions
Click here for Program Details
Please note: This is not an institution-wide incentive program. Applicants hired in the Academic, Institutional Support, and Business Affairs areas are not eligible hires for this program.
One-time payouts for non-HTF positions have been discontinued effective 6/1/2014.
Nursing Referral Bonus Program
February 15 – May 30, 2015
All UTMB employees are eligible for a $3,000 bonus by referring an ADN or a BSN degreed nurse for the Health System Clinical Enterprise.
Applicants hired must:
- Select Employee as the Referral Type on the application
- Select the referring employee’s name and ID number on all applications
- Have an ADN or a BSN degree
- Have 12 months of RN direct patient care experience
- Not have been employed by UTMB in the previous 12 months to hire date
- Be appointed to a benefits-eligible position
If your referral meets the applicant requirements and is hired, you will receive $1,500 when he or she completes six months of service and another $1,500 when he or she completes one year of service. All bonus payouts are subject to taxation, and you must be employed at UTMB at the time of each payout.
There is no limit to the number of referrals you can make, which can really add up for you and benefit UTMB at the same time!
FREQUENTLY ACCESSED LINKS
External Applicant Instructions
Internal Applicant Instructions
Search Career Opportunities